**Electronics Recycling Event-October 7th from 8am-Noon. Click here for more information**
LaSalle County Recycling Events
From time to time the LaSalle County Land Use Department will host recycling events. Some of the events hosted in the past by this department include tires, household hazardous waste, electronics, and oil. Unfortunately, due to the size and magnitude of such events, the County is unable to host these events annually. Events, such as tire collections, are funded through state grants that must be applied for and approved by the IEPA.
Please check the Land Use Department page for current recycling events. For any questions please contact the LaSalle County Land Use department at 815-434-8666.
In addition to LaSalle County's one-day electronics recycling events, some area metal recyclers accept E-waste at no cost:
Cimco Recycling Ottawa, Inc.
1520 West Norris Dr
Ottawa, IL 61350
- Does not accept standard monitors, CRTs, or TVs
- Flat screen TVs and Monitors only
Household Hazardous Waste
In addition to the one-day collection events, the following sites near LaSalle County are open year round:
Rock River Reclamation District
3333 Kishwaukee, Winnebago County
Long-Term Collection Locations
In addition to the one-day collections, the following long-term collection facilities are available for disposal of household hazardous waste. Please contact your local collection facility to see what materials they are accepting.
- Naperville, 156 Fort Hill Drive (immediately North of Naperville Public Works), DuPage County, www.naperville.il.us/hhw.aspx
Hours: Saturdays 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Sundays 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Phone: 630-420-6095
- Rockford, Four Rivers Sanitation Authority, 3333 Kishwaukee, Winnebago County https://www.rockfordil.gov/492/Household-Hazardous-Waste-Disposal Hours: Saturdays 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Sundays Noon – 4:00 PM, Phone: 779-348-7425
- Chicago, Goose Island, 1150 North Branch, Cook County www.cityofchicago.org/hccrf
Hours: Tuesdays 7:00 AM – Noon, Thursdays 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM, and
First Saturday of every month 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Phone: 312-744-3060
- Lake County, The Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO), 1311 N. Estes St., Gurnee, currently operates a long-term household chemical waste collection program. Information and a collection schedule can be found on their website (www.swalco.org) or by calling 847-336-9340.
- Madison County, Madison County Building & Zoning, 249 N Old St. Louis Road, Wood River. See website for additional information.
Hours: First Saturday and Third Friday of every Month 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. *Appointments are required. Click here to schedule.